Friday, July 16, 2010

The Cupcake Challenge! Come and Play!!

Have you heard about the Cupcake Challenge hosted by Diana, of One Crafty Fox? It is completely ingenious.  Here's how it started:  Diana thought up this game where a cute little cupcake necklace, better known as Cuppie, would be sent from blogger to blogger with each blogger photo documenting where Cuppie had been. Within a years time Diana is hoping that Cuppie will make it back to her with many stories to tell.

 
                                                         There's Cuppie!                                                          

Debby at Inspired Design was the first to win Diana's Challenge and host Cuppie.  I, in turn, entered Debby's Challenge and won (laughed so hard in the process entering) and Cuppie has been staying with me for the past few days or so.  So, Cuppie started in Eastern Canada, went to Debby's in Massachusetts and has now been a West Coast tourista...where will she end up next??

Before I get to the details of the Cupcake Challenge, please follow me through a photo montage the Chef and I put together to commemorate this step in Cuppie's journey.

Cuppie arrived the evening prior to The Hills season Finale.  Suffice it to say she is a fan.  The next day she was up at the crack of dawn ready to try and sneak into the finale at The Roosevelt Hotel in Los Angeles!


No matter how hard I tried to explain it, she was really not hearing "I can't get you into the party to meet the cast".


Eventually she settled for a view of the after show atop a fence.  It was really quite a scenario when Spencer Pratt showed up out front dressed as a homeless man.  Thankfully we missed that part.


Next we headed up the street to Hollywood Boulevard because Cuppie was dying to see Joan Collins' star.  Wish fulfilled!!


She also got to see the famous El Capitan Theatre where many fabulous Disney movies are played in this old style venue.


Jimmy Kimmel Live was right next door so we snapped a quick picture out front.  She was ecstatic over him!


On our way back inside we made sure to get her photo in front of the entrance to the Kodak Theatre.  Sorry Cuppie...no award shows this time :(


To ease the pain she took a little look-see inside Louis Vuitton where there was a fabulous wardrobe piece of luggage that really took her breath away.


After all that excitement - and all the crowds - she was a little overwhelmed and decided she wanted to get a bite.  Here's where it got a lit-tle dicey.


Apparently Cuppie is a fan of the liquor.  I came back from the restroom to find her helping herself to my beverage.


"No probs hon," I said - "We can totally get you your own".  I'm relatively certain the server thinks I'm nuts. 


Thankfully I was able to convince Cuppie to slow it down and get something to eat.  I guess the throngs of people on Hollywood Blvd must have taken a considerable toll because she downed the whole burger!


Our last stop that day was to the Hollywood sign.  What a treat!  No famous people sightings though.


After a long day Cuppie was ready to unwind so I made sure to put my best James Perse linens on her bed.  Maybe I should have seen the signs of her "lush" capabilities when she hauled out a bottle of wine and a goblet from her bag?  Uh, okay.


The next day she confessed it had always been her dream to learn how to surf. "You've come to the right place!" we said.  The Chef hooked her up to the leash on his board and gave her some lessons.


She's a natural and caught a wave her first ride out!  It was really something to see.  She took in a few sets and then sat and watched the sunset.


It was a phenomenal one tonight, my friends.  Check that out.  Cuppie was just speechless.  So were we.  She's had a great time staying with us and is ready to move on.

Here's how the challenge works...

Leave a comment regarding the
photo below. Cuppie has proven to be quite the diva... 
What do you think she said to the girl in the photo below to result in that look on her face? 
The most creative comment wins! 
Cuppie will be mailed to your home 
with directions 
and you will be the
on your blog!


Do you think you can show Cuppie a good time?? I know you can!! Let the comments roll...I can't wait to hear your ideas!  The Winner will be announced on Tuesday, July 20, 2010.  Be sure to leave your email address (or blog url) so I can contact you. 

54 comments:

jemina said...

This is so amazing, I LOVE it, I will definitely bring Cuppie to explore Singapore, and here's my email: jeminajakin@gmail.com, hope I win :)), xoxo

k said...

*this is not my entry* but OH MY GOSH THIS IS SO FUNNY - I was grinning like a fool looking at all these pictures. I'M REALLY STRESSED OUT NOW BECAUSE CUPPY IS SO CUTE AND I HEART HIM AND I'M HORRIBLE AT THESE THINGS!!!! I will think of something this weekend, is there a deadline???

jemina said...

Cuppie said to the girl: Hey Lady I wonder how you can see with those falsies sitting on your lashes?, and by the way you missed a spot :)), xoxo

OneCraftyFox said...

OMG this is hilarious!!

Thanks so much for playing along, I am completely envious of Cuppies Hollywood adventure ;)

This is beyond awesome!!

I will have to update my blog with this asap!

Abby said...

So cute. I can't do this because I'm away from home right now, but I wish her safe travels!

ale said...

i wish i could visit California, you're so lucky, kisses

Anonymous said...

I just KNEW you would show Cuppie a good time!! I think Cuppie may have had a sex change while on the way to CA because I kept referring to Cuppie as a "he" and you refer to Cuppie as a "she!" ha ha Glad you had fun and I enjoyed the tour of CA! xo

Lisa - respect the shoes said...

This is great - looks like Cuppie had the time of her life out in Cali!

I'm never good with these quote things. I think the gal looks like she's saying: "I hate you. Give me another bite!"

Unknown said...

LOL this is hilarious xxxx

J. said...

ahhh omg this is AWESOME! It's like sisterhood of the traveling cupcake but BETTER!

I might have to reverse cuppie's sex change b/c I'll probably take him on a few romantic dates around Pittsburgh...poor guy/girl is going to be so confused after all of this haha

Kelly Frances Dunn said...

You did an awesome job documenting Cuppies journey! Very gracious hostess :) An other visit might pale in comparison now!!

I think the girl is thinking "I now know that having full eyelashes is NOT the same as the full feeling I get when I eat sweets like you!"

Jordan Cole said...

This was ridiculously funny. I am siting at work cracking up right now! I am following as well! Check out http://soliloquyspot.blogspot.com/ ya'll blogs remind me of each other a little bit.

I think the cuppie said, "Excuse me, you bit my topping off! Well a second on the lips is a life time on the hips...sucks for you!"

Closet Fashionista said...

Haha aww that is so fun!!! :D
I never go anywhere fun so I'll let other people win ;)
http://aclosetfashionista.blogspot.com

Cafe Fashionista said...

Ohmigosh I LOVE this! Is it weird that I have just come to the realization that a cupcake leads a more exciting life than I do? :P

I'm with Closet Fashionista...I don't think Cuppie would have much fun with me right now as I am in the midst of school and work; so I think she'd be better off with another winner!! :)

Lynzy said...

What a ridiculously fun idea this is! I want to take Cuppie everywhere with me<3

"Guilty Pleasures = Cupcake Heaven; sweets are excused when you look gorgeous eating them (wink,wink with faux lashes)"

xo Lynzy
http://fromskirtstoskillets.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Oh no! Cuppie is sexually confused and an alcoholic! How tragic! I laughed out loud, cute post, let me work on an entry! XO!

Josie said...

Haha, this is hilarious! I think this is the cutest idea, and your photo montage is fabulous. Have a great weekend, love!
xo Josie
http://winksmilestyle.blogspot.com

Julie Leah said...

AH! Do you know how happy I am that you found my bloggy? Carrie, we are going to be great friends!

Cuppie had quite the time touring LA with you! Looks like fun was had by all!

Ok, I don't live somewhere quite as exciting as LA but my little Virginia town could show Cuppie a great time and some southern hospitality, I'm certain!

Cuppie says to the girl: "Listen here pouty pants, get over the calorie count already! Eat the damn cupcake! By the way, you have a little crumb...yea, right there, you got it."

Happy Friday, darling!

XO

Paolina. said...

Add me on bloglovin:)
kiss
Nice blog:)
http://www.bloglovin.com/en/blog/1793287/fashion-is-my-obsession

Jen said...

Julie's response is hillarious! But I love Jordan's and Jemina's too!! How will you ever decide?? I think you should just send cuppie to all of us ;-)

Jen said...

p.s. This is my favorite post of the day!! Love ya girl!

Iva Messy said...

LOL LOL!!!! this is way too cute and funny!! I LOVE LOVE LOVE these pictures. Especially the one looking at the Hollywood sign LOL super artistic! great job!!!

Tracy said...

Wow I just found your blog whilst reading my cousin in LAws .
Cuppie would have a great time in England if her passport would allow her to visit that is.

I think the comment for the picture is " the top is nearly as big as my mole"

J. said...

Cuppie: "dude, you just ate my designated driver...thanks...thanks a lot"

J. said...

#2! Cuppie: "listen girl, sure he seems like a good idea now. I mean, he looks good and can probably give you the best 2 minutes of your life, but how will you feel when you wake up tomorrow morning all alone with nothing but frosting stuck in your hair?"

Ok I'm done now! I seriously had wayyy too much fun with this! :) haha Happy weekend!

Jessica said...

Okay, I'm cracking up over here - I love Cuppie's day out. But now I think she needs a dose of Midwestern hospitality.

I imagine Cuppie having a hoity-toity, snobbery to her voice, yet not realizing she does. ...

"Daaaah-ling," Cuppie cooed to the sugar-deprived model, "go ahead and take a nibble. A little sweetness will wipe that sour face right off."

Jessica said...

(And is it sick that I'm already making a list of where I'd tote the lil' gal?)

Valerie said...

Haha, Carrie this is so funny!!! I think my favorite is when Cuppie tastes a sip of your drink. Hope you have a great weekend!

xo
Valerie

SabinePsynopsis said...

What an adventure! Might the girl be saying: So you think you've seen more places than I did? Let me just have a bite before I consider this...

Lisa Lisa Lisa said...

Cuppie said, "That's the thing about what only makes you feel good for one night..."

This is too cute! I think Cuppie had the best time with you =)

SimaG Jewelry said...

Dear Carrie :)
I LOVE YOUR BLOG!!!
This is too funny ,i love your photos ,thank you for sharing :)


P.S.
I am honor that you are my new follower.

LOVE,
Sima G

Sher said...

Lol, cuppie is so adorable! I love looking through cuppie's adventures with you!!

Oh, I'm the biggest anne of green gables fan! I actually saw the tv series first and fell instantly in love with anne at 12! After that I got the whole series of anne books and devoured them! I'm still very much a fan. And you stay in Canada? How lovely, have you been to the prince edward island then? I would love to go there one day:)

She Wore It Well said...

that burger looks deeeeeeeeeelish!

i think cuppie told her that the blair waldorf look is out!!!

xx

stylenuggets said...

That is an awesome challenge. Can't think of an entry right now but if I do I'll be back.

Leia said...

Oh my gosh this is the cutest thing ever! I think she said, "Pretend you look sad, so that cute boy over there can come and cheer you up!" :P

Leia's Delights

heather said...

Carrie, you are so much fun! It's funny you always reminded me so much of my cousin's wife (super cool, creative chick) and you all live so close to each other too! Love your photo shoot!!! You guys had *so* much fun with cuppie, what a kick to relive it with you!

As for the entry:
"I'll give you some tongue if you flash me some lash..."
Love,
Cuppie

thingsIlove said...

Hahaha, this is so funny!

Barbara von Enger said...

This is hilarious and it made me laugh!
Have a happy Saturday & Sun´day;-)

Unknown said...

Ah! I'm going to have to think about this, so this isn't my entry, but this is SUCH an adorable idea! And it looks like you showed Cuppie a good time!

Unknown said...

I love One Crafty Fox's blog, how cute of an idea right?!

Hmmm I think the Cuppie just said "Come on . . . you know you wanna . . . a few more bites and I'll turn that pretty frown right upside-down"

Fun!

Unknown said...

Oooh and sorry it has taken me forever and a day to get back to you on our church! We go to Eastridge Christian Assembly in Issaquah (15 mins from Seattle). It's awesome!!! Also, I've been to Mars Hill:-)

Regan said...

I have never heard of the cupcake challenge, but it sounds like such an adorable idea!! :) xoxo

Poppies and Sunshine said...

This post was thoroughly entertaining!!! I loved all the places Cuppie went. She sure does like her drinks apparently. haha! Great post!!

FESI-NOIR said...

You've a really nice blog!

xx fesi-fashion

Anna Katrina said...

how funny/cute! i love the cupcake in the drink!!


Anna Katrina
http://passportglamour.blogspot.com

Heart Charlie said...

Haha! This is so adorable ;)

Adele said...

Id love cuppie to come to England this is a fantastic idea, I actually love it!
adele@moltocuriosa.com!



Adele.x
http://moltocuriosa.com

Anonymous said...

Let me just tell you I'm PISSED! I left the most awesome, hilarious, witty Cuppie response EV-AH yesterday and it's NOT showing on your comments?! WTH?!
I thought,
"Oh, that Carrie, leaving me a comment, telling me I should join in on the Cuppie fun. She CLEARLY hasn't checked her comments yet because this contest would be OV-AH, once she reads MY awesome response."
Then, I check back, to see that you have posted the contest is over early, due to the fact that Krista has left THE most hilarious response and she is the Cuppie winner and what do I see? NOT MY COMMENT!
I think maybe you are hiding it from everyone, so they won't try and steal my wicked witty comment and then do a big reveal at the end? Am I right?

Cuppie says, "I'm going straight to your ass and that includes the crumb, biatch!"

Caitlin @ Candyfloss & Persie said...

Seriously, the cutest idea ever! hahah, I love it! You took Cuppie on such a journey!!!!! She really did see a lot... but shame on her for helping herself to your drink! :) Especially after you gave her such a nice day. Okay here's my entry: "Listen darling, you can wear blue eyelashes, put a blue bow in your hair and even draw a mole on your face- but you'll simply never be more stylish than me"

k said...

ok, so cuppie is all "holy eyelashes batman - girl you need to put me down right now so that we can discuss that whole situation on your face and then how i want to visit Switzerland where they DON'T EAT CUPCAKES!"

(and ps....i really haven't seen cupcakes here! maybe cuppy will have to search for new friends if he comes)

Margaret said...

this is the CUTEST post ever!!! :)
great blog!
loving the posts
stop by some time xx
(don't forget to enter the giveaway while you're there!)

cindy said...

I wish I could say that I could show Cuppie a good time. Clearly I cannot. Cuppie, in one day, saw and did more(and quite possibly, drank more!) than I have in years. I am so, so out of my league.

The best I could hope for, is that one day I can join Cuppie on a chaperoned adventure.

BeautyH2T said...

I LOVE THIS, you took ehr on such a huge adventure.

And I know exactly what this little madame was saying.....


" It's over. Send me to Scotland,........NOW!"

Much love

Bx

TASHA BANKS said...

fuck yeah toy story 3!!!!

http://noirxxxx.blogspot.com/

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails