Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Shoe Kismet: Miu Miu Satin Sparrow Mary Janes

This weekend while the Chef was watching baseball (curses!) or prepping for our mini-Lost finale extravaganza, here's what I was doing:


These have been in my possession for 9 days and I have barely been able to contain myself.  In a pneumonia-like delirium, while on the search for some trinket or another at Crate & Barrel, I asked if we could stop by Miu Miu to see if there had been an act of God and one pair of the Sparrow Mary Janes had been found in the stockroom.

No such luck.  The Sales Associate did however whisper to me that another retailer had one pair left in my size.  So I busted out in a sweat and ran off like my hair was on fire weaving through crowds to see if luck was on my side...And it was because these are a size 5.5 and I normally wear a 6.

When the Sales guy managed to get a word in edgewise while I skipped around like a fool, he asked me what I was going to wear them with.  And in true shoe-crazed form I responded, "Uh, prolly with a dress or a skirt.  And with my boyfriend jeans.  And my skinny jeans.  And, now that I think of it, I'll probably wear them when I get up, when I go to bed and maybe even in the shower."  To which he promptly burst out laughing while my poor boyfriend shook his head.


So here they are with my boyfriend jeans.  Super cute and casual. Granted they aren't the platforms  everyone's raving about, but that doesn't matter I still love them.


I think it's very important not to over think this shoe or you run the risk of getting overwhelmed - at least I almost did.  I'm gonna just go with it.


I have a tough time sitting still whether I'm sick or not so if the pictures are a little blurry blame it on the fidget.  That aside, here they are with skinny denim at the pre-LOST partay.  I didn't have time for a fashion show before LOST started so this is all I've got...still can't believe these shoes sleep with me in my bed live in my closet.


This one's for the shoe guy...Bet he thought I was just joking around, huh? 


Morgan Freeman wasn't kidding when he said "some birds aren't meant to be caged"...I plan to let them out as often as possible.

If you have a pair of these in platform or in the style I luckily found I would love to see what you're wearing them with...and for those of you still looking:  may the shoe force be with you!

Outfit details:
Tuxedo Jacket by Zac Posen for Target 
Silk Tank by Vince
Boyfriend Jeans in High/Low by Current/Elliott
Ankle Toothpick Denim in Twilight by J.Crew
Sparrow Print Mary Janes by Miu Miu (this link is the cats at Neiman Marcus)

35 comments:

alli/hooray said...

These shoes are AMAZING. I'm terribly uncoordinated in heels but I would make an exception + wear these (they look great w/your jcrew jeans!).
PS. Love your living room - the couch, accessories, and that rug!

Marcie said...

I love the boyfriend jeans with those shoes.

:) Marcie

loveisawonderfulterriblething said...

haha you are gorgeous! i'd be sleeping in them too! xxx

Unknown said...

Really cute...you pull them off, for sure!

Um, will you please do a post about your living room?? I'm obsessed and love your pillows.

Closet Fashionista said...

LOVE the outfits! and I am sooo jealous! I want them soooo bad!!!!! I would even settle for plain black because I love the shape! But I'm so poor XD
http://aclosetfashionista.blogspot.com/
(thanks for the comment on my blog!)

this free bird said...

alli - i was totally thinking of you when i saw that picture after all my yapping about nautical and seagrass! i did that room so frugally and over a period of 3 years or more. it takes time to collect good deals (especially when i make crazy shoe decisions. oy)

marcie - i'm basically in love with my boyfriend jeans no matter how sloppy they look after being worn 5 out of 7 days/week. and i love them with the shoes too! thanks!!

loveisawonderfulterriblething - thanks so much for your comment. i might actually be sleeping INSIDE the shoes. they kinda broke the bank, but i didn't want to regret not getting them. i missed out on some patent multi-color miu miu's a few years ago out of fear and have regretted it ever since. i'll just eat rice noodles and veggies for awhile to make up for it. good grief.

anna jane - so glad you like the pillows!! i'll post a pic of the room once i get it fully dusted! that could take a day or two...

closet fashionista - you're so cute and i love the soft pink font you use on your blog. the picture in the header is really dreamy! ps - i don't have a ton of money either. never thought in a million years the shoe would actually be available. i think that's why i felt so comfortable going in the store in the first place! then i just lost it when the other store had my size!! uh-oh!! love them!

fashion clocked said...

love this story about your beloved miu miu's! I, like you would seriously not want to take these off!! Gorgeous choice darling- after no luck in locating a pair i resorted to making a D.I.Y pair. ( bad times- and no where near a lush!) You look gorgeous and the house looks fab too- great style!xx
fashion clocked blog
would love you to call by
katie.x

fashion clocked said...

Oh and i am a ( mint) tea drinking, cat loving, fashion junkie who eats only gluten/ starch free too!xxx
chat soon- now following you lovely!x
fashion clocked blog

katie.x

Nia said...

I'm so excited for you and your Miu Miu's!! I'd die for a pair - platform or not. Alas, my student savings are almost drained from tuition/commute (shopping) and I'll have to admire these beauties from afar!!

xo Antonia

ssmall4 said...

Lol your enthusiasm is contagious..Those are just AMAZING!! Who cares if they're not platforms, they're adorable! I'd wear them in the shower too=)

charlotteflower said...

Hello,

I just start my blog. Hope you will follow me!

Alicia Lund said...

love love love them on you!!!! haha you're too funny - you'll wear them in the shower! ;) and i like the blazer too.

Gorgeous Glam said...

Wow what an amazing story! So exciting when a girl finds the beloved shoe she has been searching for! I can feel your contentment! They are truly breathtaking! xoxo

Anonymous said...

I do believe these are the most beautiful shoes I've ever seen. So lucky!

Poppies and Sunshine said...

I adore these shoes!

thenextarrow said...

luck you! these shoes are kind of incredible.

xo Alison

this free bird said...

Katie - I always envy people who can do DIY with shoes and apparel b/c I basically suck at it! It's so good to see you and I will most def visit you again and am adding you to my blog roll!! Btw - we're like sisters with the tea, cats, fashion and gluten-free lives!!

Antonia - I remember when I was where you are with school and tuition (and shopping). Your blog is great and I love visiting!

Sophia...you do not resemble a bug or anything near a bug!! Love your glasses.

Charlotte - I'll stop by and pay you a visit. Thanks for leaving a comment!

Alicia - hooray!! and I like the blazer too! Zac Posen did a great job on the Target line. I took a chance on the blazer and it fits perfectly. Unbelievable for $49.99.

Taj - your profile picture is too good for words.

Jen - I'm going over to your blog shortly to check it out. Thanks for leaving a note...I feel very lucky to be able to own the shoes. xo

Poppies & Sunshine - So good to see you here. I love your blog and the tea recipes are wonderful. Can't wait to try them!!

Sarah said...

Those shoes are amazing! I have quite the bird obsession so I, like you, would probably never take them off :)

Ashley said...

Ohhhh you have the Miu Miu's!! I am green with envy!! They look absolutely fabulous on you, they honestly look like they were made for you! Love them!

-Ashley
http://breakfastatsaks.blogspot.com

Lou said...

Hi - brilliant post - I popped over from She Wore It Well...love the shoes - this takes shoe love to a new extreme! I am especially fond of the caged bird shot - inspired. Oh and the skinny jean ensemble looks great. Good shoes, I can see why you wanted them so much! Louise x

Taylor Sterling said...

girl I have to admit a bit of jealousy! I love them! They look fab on you! I love that heel!

Valerie said...

You are so funny! I love the shower picture. These shoes are FABULOUS and if I owned them, I'd sleep/shower/work out/live in them too!

xo
Valerie

Teresa said...

Really like the shoes!

Kisses
Teresa
http://my-fashion-space.blogspot.com/
http://my-fashion-space.blogspot.com/

BrooklynBlonde said...

OOOOH man those are amazing! So jealous! :)

www.BrooklynBlonde.com

PhotoPuddle said...

I saw these shoes mentioned while reading LooBoo's blog and just had to come over and have a look. They are indeed fabulous!!!

The Girl Who Loved To Salsa said...

I WANT THESEEEEEEEE
*SIGHHH
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

niki
http://thesalsagirl.blogspot.com/
xxxxxx i would love for you to follow me xxxxxxxx

Mon Style du Jour said...

I just read this post and I'm loving your blog already! I'm happy you dropped by mine so I can now enjoy yours. I laughed when I read your post. You should have an ad for the Miu Miu Bird Prints! :)

Kara Endres said...

Oh, you're so lucky! I've been lusting after these shoes after I saw 2 girls wearing them on The Sartorialist.

Thanks for looking at my blog!!

Stephanie said...

What gorgeous shoes! I am so happy you found a pair, they are simply to die for!

Jessica said...

Um, I may have squealed out loud ... don't judge me.

I love these shoes! And I'm thrilled that you scored them. I actually prefer this version to the platform ones.

The outfit is perfection. I'm so happy for you!

Unknown said...

Beautiful outfit, you look great!!!

Rachel @ The Haute Notes said...

Love this outfit! The shoes look perfect with the boyfriend jeans.

Unknown said...

wow youre so lucky! they are pretty :)
page

Indigo said...

oooo I've longed after those shoes for ages!! very jealous!! :)

Anonymous said...

Sadly, I am still on the hunt. And I actually prefer these. The platforms are way too high for me. I wear platforms, I stumble around, I curse my feet, I put on flip flops.

Thanks for sharing!

xox
Lexi @ http://glitterandpearls.com

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails