Thursday, July 12, 2012

'Stick A Fork In It' Features The Corner

OC Weekly is a local paper here in Southern California with a very cool food blog entitled 'Stick A Fork In It'. This week they did a three part feature on Chris (The Chef) and The Corner asking some great questions making for a spirited read. No pun intended seeing as they do reference the cocktails.
photo by Ian Perreira
Pardon me while I get all gushy girlfriend, but it's pretty awesome to see how far Chris and the restaurant have come in just a year since opening. He has opened other restaurants before, but this is the first of his own and, as you may recall (post from way back here), it had been a FULL ON Chinese restaurant for 40 years prior to purchase.  The local community has been so warm and welcoming to a business that is in sharp contrast to what was in its place prior--something that has made running The Corner every day even more rewarding for Chris and his employees.
Photo by LP Hastings and via Stick A Fork In It

The readers of this blog have been extremely gracious to us since I first mentioned he was even considering opening a restaurant. You have no idea how it warms my heart to see his prior food posts being visited on repeat, and how much he appreciates that support.  To everyone who has emailed to check how it's going and to those who have visited from near and far, THANK YOU!!  We are both still more than a little (pleasantly) surprised and very touched when one of you asks for either of us, or mentions you stopped by. Here's to many years ahead and, hopefully, getting to see you soon. Many, many thanks for all of your support.

Click here to read Part 1 and here to read Part 2 of OC Weekly's feature. Some interesting and funny stuff. As an FYI tomorrow will be Part 3--a recipe--so I'll be sure to include the link when the post goes live.

27 comments:

Tiffany Kadani said...

Do you realize I want to go to OC JUST to eat at his restaurant. Oh, and to see you, of course. I seriously cannot wait! There's a writer's conference I want to attend in LA, and I secretly want to go because it's near you.

Closet Fashionista said...

Yay! That is so exciting! If I'm ever in California I will definitely be stopping by!
(hopefully WB invites me to the opening of the new HP land, but that's still 2+ years away...)
http://www.closet-fashionista.com

Courtney Erin said...

You must be seriously so proud of him! And you should be proud of yourself too - you both worked so hard for this and deserve all the success in the world!!!

Courtney ~ http://sartorialsidelines.com

Josie said...

SHUT UP. This is so exciting! I have friends visiting SoCal next week and I immediately recommended The Corner. Yum x a lot.
xo Josie
www.winksmilestyle.com

Anonymous said...

So exciting! That's awesome and you know how often I wish I lived closer to CA!

torrie said...

ahhh, love this carrie :).

i know i keep saying this, but seriously i cannot wait to go back. (and sit in that other gooooorgeous room that i didn't even make a point to walk through when i was there!)

look forward to the recipe tomorrow!

RosaLovesDC said...

Carrie this is amazing! I am so happy and honestly want to come to the OC like right now. I truly enjoy the posts about the restaurant coming together, I love it.

Lilacandgrey said...

This is AMAZE! Congrats!! Wish it was a hop and a skip away from me so I can go! Happy Weekend love!

LyddieGal said...

That is such a great feature, congrats to the Chef for clearly having such a kick ass restaurant.

I hope I get to come visit someday (and apparently i need to try those fries)

And is the chef Hungarian? (I'm curious because of the mention of the egg in the meatloaf and the paprika)

Chic on the Cheap

17 Perth said...

WOW! Yay!! Congratulations!! Very exciting!

Amber said...

Many congrats to him! I sure wish I lived closer so I could taste all his yummy dishes.

A Crimson Kiss said...

HORRAY for the Chef, and the Corner! Your every success is deserved, and it really is amazing to see how far it's come so quickly!

christin said...

Where the hell is my food?

Kristen said...

amazing. i am so happy for you guys and all of the chefs success!

Peetzi Jen said...

This is SO fantastic! You know how much I love his recipes. It warms my heart to see how well his place is doing. Hooray for you both!!

XOXO!

k said...

SO awesome. too bad there are no deliveries to switzerland.

OneCraftyFox said...

I love when people set out to do what makes them happy, the things in life that they are passionate about, and I love when they are able to succeed in the process.

Congrats to Chris, and hooray for you... a relationship with the owner of a restaurant surely comes with wonderful perks ;)

Happy weekend, doll
Diana

Caitlin @ Candyfloss & Persie said...

omg, so cute!!!!! i love that this happened for him! please DO gush as his gf. I wish I was in the area - I would love to come check it out myself :)

Daniela said...

Congrats to him and to both of you as a couple! I wish you more and more success!

Johanna said...

Yay for you guys! I'd be all gushy, too!

Marie a la Mode said...

Congrats to your Chef! I'm off to read all about him!

Popcorn, Pugs & Peonies said...

This is so exciting! It sounds like a wonderful restaurant and he sounds like a heck of a chef.

*Erin

Lisa - respect the shoes said...

Congrats to Chef, and to you too for your support on this endeavor of his - how exciting!

Taylor said...

Amazing and so good for you! If I am ever in so cal I will be stopping by, Carrie :)

NYLON Girl said...

Girl - you know me and the ladies do nothing but dream of the food from Chris' restaurant practically once a week. If London wasn't so freaking far I'd be at The Corner getting FAT. The food is beyond delicious and like we said that night I can not believe how good it all tastes, looks and is priced. I swear I get cravings for the fries (the best in the world), the potatoe tacos, the pasta dish with the spicy sausage in it and OMG everything. When I'm next in Cali I'm gonna be on the door step waiting for opening time. But what my post should convey overall is that The Corner is amazing and that if anyone is nearby RUN to it. I hope it's an incredible success because y'all deserve it. x

NYLON Girl said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Annie said...

Congrats again to the Chef!!! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails