Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Why Didn't Someone Wake Me Up?

A couple of weeks ago the garbage truck rumbled through the alley behind my house making all sorts of mad noise and beeps. When I woke up I could have sworn was at home, in my parents' house, with the school bus waiting in the driveway. As in 20 years ago. 

I'm homesick. And I can't help thinking it's compounded by the 80's and 90's stuff floating around everywhere. Neon, moto, studs, cropped boots, lace--it's out in full force and I wore a piece of all of it back in the day. Jeggings? Can't remember what we called them, but I had more pairs of ribbed jeans than I knew what to do with. Floral denim? Let's just say I swore NEVER AGAIN to anything bright when it was all over and the fog lifted.

Cut to scene and somehow a pair of neon pink pants has found its way into my closet. Perhaps I can blame it on angst over aging and missing my family? Something's gotta give because I'm actually starting to like neon and it's scaring the hell out of me.  In an effort to test for a cure, this weekend I'm taking a quick zip home to Canada. My sanity is on the line and, quite frankly, I'm not sure how much more Home Depot and the local thrift store can take of my wardrobe.
I told ya: it's crazy time up in here.
Compounded by the back and forth of 'to ferris wheel or not to ferris wheel?'
I FERRIS WHEELED.
But I did not cat, thereby proving I've entered risky waters.
Even my gymnastics skills are coming back.

~Outfit: Gap-Tank, M2F-Vest (similar), Current/Elliott-Jeans, Rebecca Minkoff-Bag (old), Swedish Hasbeens-Shoes (here in soft pink since I'm on a roll), Anthropologie-Sunglasses~

14 comments:

Courtney Erin said...

I can't believe you'll be in Canada this weekend and I don't get there until next Wednesday!

Courtney ~ http://sartorialsidelines.com

Tiffany Kadani said...

You ferris wheeled?! Love it!! I wanna see more of your gymnastic skills!

Closet Fashionista said...

I know! I used to wear so many things when I was younger that I never though I would wear again...funny how fashion always comes back.
(And did you really do gymnastics?! WOO! Gymnasts forever ;) )

Have fun in Canada!!! :D
http://www.closet-fashionista.com/

Jessica said...

My athletic skills also come out when I'm reaching for a beer. (And the promise of buffalo wings after working out is the only thing that gets me to the gym.)

Anonymous said...

LMAO Carrie. You are hilarious! Im laughing my ass off here and its not because of the wine I drunk. I totally know how you feel.

Totally.

When the hell are you coming to Europe? And spend a night in our awesome new guest room? ha!

xx
M.

A Crimson Kiss said...

One must always ferris wheel–and those pants are magical. Enjoy the weekend at home!

Claire Kiefer said...

For the record, I love the pink pants. They are a perfect way to kinda embrace the trend without going full-fledged 80's. They look great on you. And I LOVE the ferris wheel!

Lori said...

Woohoo ~ coming home for Canada Day ~ don't forget to pack your red & white. Love the pants ~ yes ~ even if we did it the first time! Just don't say acid wash.....

Callie Grayson said...

Love your jeans!
Have a wonderful time in Canada! love the gymnastic stretch for the beer
Xx
Callie

Josie said...

I'm with you on the neon -- it's actually growing on me, which I find so scary. And hooray for a quick trip home! Enjoy your gummy candy and ketchup chips, doll!
xo Josie
www.winksmilestyle.com

RosaLovesDC said...

OMG, you are hilarious! I love that first photo, a classic Carrie indeed. Love! Hope your trip to Canada is fabulous. Enjoy.

The Suburb Experiment said...

I'm glad you ferris wheeled. That thing is awesome.

Jenn

Secondhand Stella said...

That Ferris Wheel is awesome. So glad you got it!

k said...

so the floral denim...i just don't know about it...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails